Positioning Adjuncts for Pain Procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaschicago

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations on gel supports for pain procedures such as CESI, cervical RFA, genicular blocks, ILESI?

I'll be doing procedures in office setting so want to make sure I can position patient optimally as much as I can to get better images. I'm willing to spend a little money upfront to have devices that will make the procedure go more smoothly and patient will be more comfortable.

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pillows have worked as well as anything I've used, including gel, foam, oakworks

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Love/hate relationship with Oakworks. Great views w/some patients, miserable views with others. Some pts also complain that the head rest is really uncomfortable. Anybody have tips/tricks for it?
I stopped using it, just do 2-3 pillows under chest now

“Pron pillow” with a regular pillow under chest. Works great. Stopped using oakworks.

81AA0AD7-FC00-4A8A-A9AF-6266E61F3D1F.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Two pillows width wise & one pillow length wise under the chest flush with shoulders, with a gel pad for the forehead

I use a horseshoe face pillow, like on a massage table. If I need cervical flexion, I'll put a pillow under the chest. I have no problems getting views for CESI or CMBB/RFA with this.

My table has a head rest btw. So doesn't take much other than pillows to get good position. The hand pocket underneath is really nice when doing lumbar procedures.
IMG_20220805_102440878~2.jpg