Positions available @ SUNY Optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyes86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have some exciting news for anyone intersted in Optometry School. I work with Dr. Sherman (a well known optometrist and researcher in the country) at SUNY College of Optometry. I will be starting optometry school in the fall of 2009. Dr. Sherman is looking to hire a full time researcher to help him with various projects. I can't stress enough the opportunity this presents to many students!!! For those interested in applying to SUNY, the research will give you the chance to use the latest technology available, get to know the staff and faculty members at SUNY and even have the chance to publish material under your name. If you are interested in working full time from 2009-2010, please let me know asap.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds interesting. Are there any requirements an applicant must meet? What would the job entail? Is it a paid position? Please reply. Thank you much.

Hi,
There really arent specific requirements that I can really think of except great interest in the field. I did not get accept the first time I applied to SUNY. After I found out about the regection, I asked Dr. Johnston if there are any research positions I get involved in. I began as a volunteer for about 5 months. Then I became a full time research analyst/study coordinator. Working at SUNY helped me when I applied the second time. Now, I am looking to hire someone to replace me when I start the semester in the summer 09. Are you interested in applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I'm interested in applying. I'll be applying to SUNY for entry in 2010. I won't be in school for the year 2009-2010, so this sounds like the perfect opportunity for me. I am a Canadian student by the way, so I'm not sure if that will make things more complicated. Please PM me if I am eligible to apply. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Hi,
There really arent specific requirements that I can really think of except great interest in the field. I did not get accept the first time I applied to SUNY. After I found out about the regection, I asked Dr. Johnston if there are any research positions I get involved in. I began as a volunteer for about 5 months. Then I became a full time research analyst/study coordinator. Working at SUNY helped me when I applied the second time. Now, I am looking to hire someone to replace me when I start the semester in the summer 09. Are you interested in applying?

I know adcoms believe this research crap has helped you, buy what do you think?

Well, research experience in the field where you are interested in studying is helpful. It gives you insight on the material you intend to learn more about.

I'm very interested in applying. I currently live in Long Island, so I'm not too far and I would absolutely LOVE the chance to work with fellow researchers and optometrists. How do I go about applying/contacting the right people?

Thanks for the post and giving other people this opportunity - I'm looking forward to your response.

Hi,

Yes, I am. I shall appreciate any information with which you could contact me (via P.M.). Thanks very much for offering the position on this forum; I'm sure such a position — even if it's not "instrumental" in being accepted to optometry school — would help a person better grasp the field of eye medicine, which is crucial for anyone interested in entering it.

Thanks. I'll look for your P.M.

How many positions are they looking to fill? If it's one, then me and Commondo303 have some business to handle - if you know what I mean :beat:

Hahaha oh goodness! This should be interesting.

How many positions are they looking to fill? If it's one, then me and Commondo303 have some business to handle - if you know what I mean :beat:

I'm the yellow guy, right? :smuggrin:

Nope, you're the flies circling the horse :D

Holy crap: it's a horse. I thought it was a camel (the legs looked like two humps). Lol.

I am also interested...please message me whenever you have the chance.