Positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Residentcool

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious, how common is it that spots in PMR are available after SOAP? Is it frequent for any spots to pop up during the year, or do programs hold any spots for people who switch? Some specialties are known for that, so I'm curious if this happens in PMR as well.

Members don't see this ad.

They're pretty rare. I always heard from people that there were no unmatched PM&R programs the last few years, but I recall seeing the list of unmatched programs by specialty and there were a few (very few) PM&R positions that went unmatched.

Sometimes spots pop up, even at quality programs. If I recall, Mayo had an opening a while back. So did VCU and MCW. I think far fewer people leave PM&R than other fields, but it's still going to happen every now and then.

I don't believe programs hold spots for people who switch. I don't think it would be the wisest course of action for a program, unless they genuinely don't want to rank anyone who applied to their unmatched position through SOAP. But I could be wrong.

Residentcool - I tried to send you a reply to your PM about an unrelated matter, but it says your SDN mailbox is full (i.e. clear some space). Sorry to spam the list with this, but I can't think of another way to let you know.

Residentcool - I tried to send you a reply to your PM about an unrelated matter, but it says your SDN mailbox is full (i.e. clear some space). Sorry to spam the list with this, but I can't think of another way to let you know.

Ok, yes I saw that yesterday and did clear up some space. Please feel free to PM me again. Thanks.