possible DPT program

Started by eyeluveyez
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyeluveyez

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDPTs!

I was wondering if you know any programs that accept DPT student transfer or how should i go about the situation without having to start all over. I have heard some students actually transfer over credits so it is possible but I just don't know how. If you're one of those students, please let me know. I appreciate it. I want to get out of my current program asap! I have contacted so many schools and all of them don't accept transfer students but I'm sure there is a way... any ideas?
 
There is a reason that programs do not want to accept transfer students. They can't trust that your first year courses prepared you for their program/clinicals/NPTE. If you have any problems with these after you transfer, it reflects poorly on their program, not your previous institution.

I know several PTs who hated their program and left after the first year. But they had to start as a first-year at their next program. One of the PTs contacted a program she had been accepted to and convinced them to admit her without having to re-apply (though the director of the program was a family friend).