Possible Free Pharmacy Magazine Subscription...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jason UCSD2000

tabasco is my friend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was a Tech Trainee at the Baton Rouge General Hospital, I noticed that they received the journal called "U.S. Pharmacist". When I went on their website to see about a possible subscription, I qualified for a free subscription - because of where I worked, I presume. I've been receiving it for a number of months now, and it's been a pretty cool resource. Here's the website:
www.uspharmacist.com

Student rate is $26/year, I believe.

Just thought ya'll (I'm in Louisiana, remember) should know...
-jason

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jason UCSD2000
When I was a Tech Trainee at the Baton Rouge General Hospital, I noticed that they received the journal called "U.S. Pharmacist". When I went on their website to see about a possible subscription, I qualified for a free subscription - because of where I worked, I presume. I've been receiving it for a number of months now, and it's been a pretty cool resource. Here's the website:
www.uspharmacist.com

Student rate is $26/year, I believe.

Just thought ya'll (I'm in Louisiana, remember) should know...
-jason

I've been getting US Pharmacist for years and I don't pay a cent. Don't pay for it! It's paid for by the (hundreds) of drug ads contained inside and some grants, etc. It's a decent resource and has some interesting law and compounding columns. It also has some good CE and patient teaching suppliments. A better resource is "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy" but it doesn't have the pretty pictures that USpharmacist has. I think that it's included with ASHP membership but I'm not sure. Another free one is Drug Topics, and I'm sure that they have a website somewhere where you can sign up (free) but I don't have the url handy.

Jd

The "American Journal of Health System Pharmacy" (AJHP) came free with my ASHP membership. If you're starting pharm school in the fall, get membership in your school's APhA/ASHP alliance or chapter...you'll get that journal and a few other publications for free, discounts for the midyear/annual conventions, among other benefits I can't remember off the top of my head.

USPharmacist, Drug Topics, and (I think) Pharmacy Times kinda want you to be employed in a pharmacy setting (pharmacist, technician, intern, etc) to qualify for the free subscription. They ask for your business' address, perhaps to verify that you qualify for the free subscription. I don't think being a student is good enough for them; I think they list subscription rates for students.

Maybe they won't check those addresses (maybe they are required to ask for them under an agreement with all those advertising pharmaceutical manufacturers, but won't actually check) so maybe you can try to get the free subs anyway...it wouldn't hurt any to try...just go to their websites and fill out their subscription forms.

Drug Topics

Pharmacy Times

US Pharmacist