Possible Jobs after ECFMG Certificate (Except for applying for resident)

Started by StuartLiu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StuartLiu

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear all,
I'm a physician from abroad. I'm going to pursue a master degree in the United States. I will also tried to obtain ECFMG certificate in the following years. Of course I will try to match for residency, but that is not always possible.

I want to know what kinds of job I can do if I have ECFMG certificate but was not enrolled in any of the accredited resident program? Can I do jobs like in the nursery home, or be a Civil Surgeon?

Thank you for your information!