Possible mistakes with ADA test, input...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theedaddy77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3. Which of the following is the smallest
organelle in the cell?
A. Golgi body
B. Nucleus
C. Mitochondrion
D. Ribosome
E. Chloroplast

it said ribosome but i thought the ribsome wasn't an organel because monera have ribosomes and they dont have organelle so by deduction ribosomes shouldn't be an orgenelle??

file:///C:/Users/BIGPIM%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpg
66. A Lewis structure for the NO-3 ion is
Including this structure, the total number
of ground state resonance structures for
this ion is
A. 1.
B. 2.
C. 3.
D. 4.
E. 5

yeah i thought it would be 2 structures. 1 in which nitrogen as 3 sigma and one loan pari and one in which nitrogron has a double bond and 2 sigma with a positive charge? Yet they said it was C.

For the PAt there is number 2 and 4. 2 can't be a cause we can see the tringles have a change in there length which A doesn't show but C does.
and for 4 im just thinking wtf for were those 2 tringles are..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well I agree that a ribosome is not an organelle but you may be over-thinking it. This is the reason why I think the bio section is such BS is because you don't know whether or not they are tricking you or if your just supposed to understand that the ribo is tiny.

For some reason I couldnt view the image for the second questions (stupid comp!!!). Anyway, in regards to your first question. You said you didn't think it was ribosome, b/c prokaryotes have ribo's as well but not other organelles. Well, prokaryotes don't have MEMBRANE BOUND organelles, so there is a difference. They do have ribo's (40S 60S to be exact subunits)

3. Which of the following is the smallest
organelle in the cell?
A. Golgi body
B. Nucleus
C. Mitochondrion
D. Ribosome
E. Chloroplast

it said ribosome but i thought the ribsome wasn't an organel because monera have ribosomes and they dont have organelle so by deduction ribosomes shouldn't be an orgenelle??

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

66. A Lewis structure for the NO-3 ion is
Including this structure, the total number
of ground state resonance structures for
this ion is
A. 1.
B. 2.
C. 3.
D. 4.
E. 5

yeah i thought it would be 2 structures. 1 in which nitrogen as 3 sigma and one loan pari and one in which nitrogron has a double bond and 2 sigma with a positive charge? Yet they said it was C.

For the PAt there is number 2 and 4. 2 can't be a cause we can see the tringles have a change in there length which A doesn't show but C does.
and for 4 im just thinking wtf for were those 2 tringles are..

wait these are actual DAT questions??is this allowed??

Members don't see this ad :)
there are not actual DAT question, there from ADA, and if they were from the actual DAT why do u care if it was allowed are not? but more importantly does anyone understand why the ADA says those answers are right?

You wrote NO-3... i see NO3- definitely has 3.
Even though all three look the same they are not.

First one, like others said, you really are overanalyzing it. You went from talking about small organelles to talking about Monera cells.

Wiki says that ribosomes fall in the category of macromolecule/organelle...and it is an ongoing debate. So, you can just hope that ppl who wrote ur test aren't trying to confuse you.

Do a quick google search of the words "ribosome" and "organelle." Almost all the sites regard the ribosome as an organelle.

Do a quick google search of the words "ribosome" and "organelle." Almost all the sites regard the ribosome as an organelle.

Ribosomes are DEFINITELY organelles. I think the confusion here is that Prokaryotes don't have "membrane-bound" organelles like a golgi, ER, mito, etc.