Possible opening ca-1 spot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

palabra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who is deciding to opt out of his ca-1 spot or not. I will let you know if he makes the decision final and then if you know someone looking for a spot in the northeast maybe some magic could happen.

I'll keep you posted.

Members don't see this ad.

palabra said:
I have a friend who is deciding to opt out of his ca-1 spot or not. I will let you know if he makes the decision final and then if you know someone looking for a spot in the northeast maybe some magic could happen.

I'll keep you posted.

that spot is for this year - ca-1 starting in july '06 - northeast program

will fill in more details when it's finalized

palabra said:
that spot is for this year - ca-1 starting in july '06 - northeast program

will fill in more details when it's finalized[/QUOd

interesting, there were a few unfilled slots opened up on the East side this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
He is still in the process of letting his future (or not future) program director know that he has decided to take time off. Since his program doesn't know yet I didn't want to name the program but I will when he says they give final word.

I will say that it is not a NYC program but Northeast of that.

Peace

Hi i doing my internship... looking for a ca-1 spot in july 06... if you could let me know any more details please PM me.... I would really appreciate it... thanks

aj

alphaagonist said:
Hi i doing my internship... looking for a ca-1 spot in july 06... if you could let me know any more details please PM me.... I would really appreciate it... thanks

aj

good luck brother...I hope things work out for you.. :thumbup:
keep working hard...I know I am :scared:

My boy sent an email and follow-up letter but says that he has not gotten notification or any response that they acknowledge his forfeit of july '06 spot. Should he do anything else? Anyone else been through this process with switching? Know what's protocol?

It Took Awhile Since The Program Director Was Out Of Town But My Boy Finally Got Word That All Is Well

So It Should Be Okay For Other People To Contact .... Yale ....
For Ca-1 Spot July 2006

Good Luck To Everyone Looking For A Spot. Apparently Yale Is A Great Place. Nice, Smart, Fun People.

Peace

palabra said:
It Took Awhile Since The Program Director Was Out Of Town But My Boy Finally Got Word That All Is Well

So It Should Be Okay For Other People To Contact .... Yale ....
For Ca-1 Spot July 2006

Good Luck To Everyone Looking For A Spot. Apparently Yale Is A Great Place. Nice, Smart, Fun People.

Peace

It's done. There is no spot available for Yale. It has been filled already. Probably within minutes, who knows. There is one lucky person out there smiling and getting drunk. Thanks for your help palabra.

If you are an intern or working in another specialty and are interested in anesthesia, you should contact programs. Obviously, the most straight forward approach is through the match. However, I have noticed through discussions with others and watching my own program, that there are sometimes opportunities that are aren't made public. There is always the "in house" politics of residents leaving, being excused, etc that may open up spots. There are also programs who have been approved for expansion who may be able to apply the expansion to current classes. The only way to hear of these opporunities is to ask. Get your CV together and start making contacts. You might be surprised with what you will find (ex Yale dude).