Possible to be matched

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Monalisaxxx

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

hope to match in 2022

IMG with internal medicine board outside US
YOG 6 yr
Hx step 1 failure (6yr ago)
step1. 245
step2 260
OET pass
USCE 1 Month
1 publication

I plan to move to the US permanently so I have to do residency again
Is it possible to matched with this profile. should I take step3 or do some more research to build up my profile?

Thank you
 
You should take Step 3 asap because you might run into issues with licensing if you don't complete the series within a certain period of time (usually 7-10 years). Have you been working as a physician for the past 6 years?
 
Hey guys,

hope to match in 2022

IMG with internal medicine board outside US
YOG 6 yr
Hx step 1 failure (6yr ago)
step1. 245
step2 260
OET pass
USCE 1 Month
1 publication

I plan to move to the US permanently so I have to do residency again
Is it possible to matched with this profile. should I take step3 or do some more research to build up my profile?

Thank you
Good:
More recent Step scores
IM experience in foreign country

Bad:
YOG 2015
Step 1 failure in 2015

1.) Take Step 3 with a strong showing consistent of your more recent Step scores (230+). Don't worry about research. You won't be recruited at top IM programs that look at that.
2.) Apply very broadly to IM but also FM.