Possible to use keyboard for the QR calculator on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mynameis24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Will there be a keyboard available for me to use to type numbers into the calculator during the QR section rather than having to manually click them?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The keyboard worked at mine too! Make sure the NumLock is turned on, and then it should definitely work. I'd suggest doing the Prometric Test Drive too to get a feel for the keyboard, interface, and testing center as a whole.

You need to practice the QR section without using a calculator. I liked Chad’s math videos bc he had tips that were relevant to the DAT. Each prometric site is different. Some will have the keyboard enabled and some will not. The day of your test there’s an INTRO** section that allowed me to get acquainted with the test’s interface. This is the time to see if the keyboard worked or not. If it does great you can use the keyboard during QR. If it doesn’t that is fine because you would have already prepared to take the test without it. It is also a great time to see if your computer lags or the screen glitches. You would have plenty of time to switch to another computer before your official test time starts!

**Intro section should not be confused with ‘tutorial/example questions’. Example questions that appeared between sections of Bio/PAT (how to whole punch, how to cube count) WILL take up your test time.