Post-Acceptance School Visits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrZ123

DAT: AA/TS/PAT 21/22/21
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that some of us have acceptances, I was wondering if people go back to visit the schools again.

I would like to go re-visit the school that I got into, and my parents would like to see them as well.

Do I call the schools and set this up? Or just go?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know but when you find out let me know! As of right now I am thinking of scheduling appointments with the professors/deans to answer any questions I may have and I am also going to do my own thing...walk around, check out the living situation and see if that is where i want to be...good luck to you.

i am also doing this :). i am visiting my top 2 choices again and this time bringing part of my family, since i didn't want them tagging along to the schools when i interviewed :oops:. i called the schools and told them i wanted to come up again and they were both fine with it. i would definitely call to give them a heads up. depending on the school, they may take the initiative to help you set up an appointment with the dean of admissions or someone else who can answer any questions and maybe give your family a tour.

i also want to go back to see the towns b/c i didn't get to look at anything before when i interviewed (airport--->hotel---->interiew---->airport)

i called the schools about visiting, and they were very helpful in trying to get everything i needed..i.e. a dental student to talk to and faculty members. They were also helpful in answering any other questions i had. once accepted, it seems like they are willing to do a lot for u to convince u to go there.:) definitely call the school and definitely visit if u dont know where u want to go