POST BAC Advice needed (prospective student!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

student1995

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I have a question -- I am applying to post bac program this summer/fall. It will be my senior year of college, and my intention is to do the postbac program right after having graduated college. I am considering taking GEN CHEM the fall semester of my senior year, because money will already be tight if I do the post bac and it would be more reasonable for me to get some credits (gen chem) while I am already paying full tuition at my undergraduate university. This, though, would mean that I would be enrolled in GEN CHEM I while applying to the post bac programs.
I have a very strong transcript otherwise: 1450 SAT and 3.97 GPA.

Any thoughts as to what I should do?? I just dont want to ruin my chances at getting in and I dont know how these programs (Goucher, Bryn Mawr, UVA, etc...) would feel about me already being enrolled in GEN CHEM I....any thoughts would be much appreciated!