Post Bac at a JC

Started by iKnome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iKnome

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys I have already graduated and have a B.S. in Biology but I still needed to take Psych and im doing that at A JC right now. I was wondering if it will be looked down on if I take more classes there and try to raise my GPA. Is my application taken less seriously because i did my own "post bac" at a JC rather than a universtiy. JCs are less expensive than Universities and Im so broke after graduating.

if i do end up taking more classes at the JC, should I take random academic classes or should I work towards a degree? thanks!
 
I took my post-bacc classes at a CC, too. Make sure you call the programs you're intersted in to ensure all the classes you're taking count at that program. I found out the anatomy class I was going to sign up for did not count for one school and they recommended a class at another CC that WOULD fill their criteria. Other than that it was a cheaper way to fill those last two or three classes I needed. (psych, statistics, anatomy)