Post Bac Caliber

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PMEDIC2DOC

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the 'caliber' of the school from which you are obtaining a post bac matter? Example University of Virginia compared to UNC-Greensboro.
 
I don't see an advantage of "caliber" per say, but I do see an advantage of picking a school where you will have some sort of access to a medical school. I did a DIY post-bacc at a local state school, but I was given several opportunities to interact with their medical school and students. I start medical school there in a couple of months!
 
This is an arguable point but if you're looking to make connections and back-door your way into the hosting university's medical school, it would probably be best to pick a non-top tier school. Those schools have the pick of the litter and personal connections may not go as far.