1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Post-Bac: Deciding between classes or research? What's applicable?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Luelinks, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Luelinks

3.17 GPA now. Turned things around and got a 3.8 GPA last semester. Should grad next May with a 3.33cGPA. Anyways a post-bacc is in store no matter what, except I am having difficulties deciding between a PB that is class orientated vs. strictly or 75% research orientated.

I know some schools like VCU CERT you can do both, but since being 90k in student loan debt (paying my senior yr with cash) with a huge interest in research, I would love to do a PB in that and receive some type of stipend.

Although my research experience is minimal, I've done a summer researching with a PhD student and last semester did a semester long project involving myotonic dystrophy that was presented in a class for a 4000 lvl class - the professor even complemented me on my molecular knowledge so he could make a LOR?

What would give me the better opportunity down the road for MD/DO applications or options besides that?

I'm taking my MCAT in Jan btw.