Post-Bac: Deciding between classes or research? What's applicable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luelinks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.17 GPA now. Turned things around and got a 3.8 GPA last semester. Should grad next May with a 3.33cGPA. Anyways a post-bacc is in store no matter what, except I am having difficulties deciding between a PB that is class orientated vs. strictly or 75% research orientated.

I know some schools like VCU CERT you can do both, but since being 90k in student loan debt (paying my senior yr with cash) with a huge interest in research, I would love to do a PB in that and receive some type of stipend.

Although my research experience is minimal, I've done a summer researching with a PhD student and last semester did a semester long project involving myotonic dystrophy that was presented in a class for a 4000 lvl class - the professor even complemented me on my molecular knowledge so he could make a LOR?

What would give me the better opportunity down the road for MD/DO applications or options besides that?

I'm taking my MCAT in Jan btw.

Members don't see this ad.