Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

post bac gpa enhancement programs!?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by doctito, May 17, 2007.

1. doctito

Pre-Medical
    hello people,

does anybody know a list post bac premedical programs specifically for those who have taken all the prereqs for medical school and looking to 'enhance' their gpa or event take the mcat over? :confused: (Id rather hear from you guys the from aamc's website)
    anything from anyone would be great. gl to all the post bacers who are doing the same and for those who are not. :luck:

~m~

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Nyu2004

Medical Student
    The UC system is set up for that reason and some of the schools have linkages to their respective medical schools.

4. bersa380

Pre-Medical
    any others?

5. Sillygirl

Pre-Dental
    If I have finished the pre-reqs and have a very low gpa (we're talking under 3.0 low) does that mean that the post bacs that offer classes like general chem and bio wouldn't help me in getting into dental school? Anyone know?

6. mamendon

Pre-Medical
    isn't the UC postbacc program only for URMs?

7. kepp4290

UC postbacc for URMs, financially disadvantaged, and career changers for few.

8. robflanker

Resident [Any Field]
    41-month only thread recycling - great

9. bbos

if you finished all your pre-reqs in undergrad, then you should apply to SMP to enhance your GPA.

10. robflanker

Resident [Any Field]
    bbos - the OP posted this 3 years ago, not sure they still need the same advice.

And your advice was poor, because you can go to academic enhancement post-bacs that aren't SMPs

11. bbos

if that is so, then why did you tell me that I needed SMP after my undergrad and not post bacc gpa enhancement, when I clearly stated that I wanted to do post bacc to raise my gpa.

12. robflanker

Resident [Any Field]
    Situation specific

There are multiple options; I did an AE program over an SMP cos an SMP wasnt worth it for me. I dont remember your situation however, so an SMP may have been the best solution for you.

13. yanks187

Pre-Medical
    hey everybody im just looking for some advice...so i graduated this may with a biology degree and a 3.2 cGPA and 3.0 sGPA and a 3.4 non science GPA...i just took the mcat so im still waiting for my results but it should be around 25-28..

i am apply to do schools now however i will also be applying to post bacc programs..any suggestions as to which programs i should look at.. ive already done some research for Edward Via Virgina, Lincoln DeBusk, and LECOM.

Any suggestions as to where else I should look into?? Any help would be really appreciated