Post Bac Optometry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docobvious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a sophomore Biology major with a concentration on Pre-Optometry. My grades aren't too good. I calculated that I can graduate within a 3.0 to 3.2 gpa on my track. This is still good enough to get into a post bac degree. However, I live near one college that offers a Post Bac that helps improve GPA for admissions into medical school. I was looking at the Post-Bacc Biomedical Scineces Cert. at University of South Carolina. It's the closet college near me by an hour that offers this Post-Bacc. Have any other students had luck with this Post-Bacc cert when entering Optometry school? Are there any other Post- Bacc cert. that students use to improve their gpa for Optometry school admission?

Members don't see this ad.

Try your hardest now if you are a sophomore in undergrad. Keep working to improve your GPA. Then, apply next year to Optometry schools and see what happens. It sounds like you are already planning on rejection in your mind. You aren't in a sinking ship. A GPA of 3.0 - 3.2 can be accepted.

By the way, how didn't this end up in the pre-Optometry forum?