Jun 18, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay so my sister is kind of in a pickle.

She is going to be a third year at a state university here in California, but her GPA really isn't that good. So i'm looking at if there are any Post-Bac or SMP programs for nursing.

I know traditionally they are for MD or DO schools but can someone do a post-bac program for nursing? Can someone apply for a post-bac because they need to boost their GPA for nursing school instead of a MD or DO school?

If not what are her other options?

ArkansasRanger

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2009
Arkansas
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay so my sister is kind of in a pickle.

She is going to be a third year at a state university here in California, but her GPA really isn't that good. So i'm looking at if there are any Post-Bac or SMP programs for nursing.

I know traditionally they are for MD or DO schools but can someone do a post-bac program for nursing? Can someone apply for a post-bac because they need to boost their GPA for nursing school instead of a MD or DO school?

If not what are her other options?

I would say getting an SMP for nursing school would turn out to be the biggest waste of time and money ever expended in higher education. Geez. You can get an RN deal at a community college and get a real, quality BSN afterwards from any number of public universities quite easily. An SMP usually requires one to have completed the typical gamut of premed-type courses anyway.