Post Bac Premed 2017-18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SouthernBelle14

Hello Everyone,

I haven't seen a general thread for this year's post-bac premed applications, so I wanted to start one. I recently submitted my applications to UVA and JHU, and now I am playing the waiting game. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to these schools and heard back yet. If so, how long did it take? If you had an interview at either, how was it? Has anyone been accepted anywhere yet?

I am looking forward to reading all your news and updates. So, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I haven't seen a general thread for this year's post-bac premed applications, so I wanted to start one. I recently submitted my applications to UVA and JHU, and now I am playing the waiting game. I was wondering if anyone else has applied to these schools and heard back yet. If so, how long did it take? If you had an interview at either, how was it? Has anyone been accepted anywhere yet?

I am looking forward to reading all your news and updates. So, good luck everyone!

Hi, All my materials were received by UVA on 12/5, and I was contacted to schedule an interview about 2 days after. Very grateful for the opportunity.

I applied to JHU, but they haven't received my SAT scores yet.
I also applied to Thomas Jefferson, Bryn Mawr, UVM, GW, Goucher, Temple. All applications were marked as complete around the first week of December, now waiting to hear back! Are you applying to any other schools?

Good luck !

Hi! My applications were sent to Hunter College Post Bacc in NYC and CCNY (City College of NY). Received on 10/31. Should take 8 to 10 weeks to hear back. CCNY requires a secondary application due by Feb 1 with LORs.

Hunter gives registration preference to post-bacc students which means we would sign up for classes before everyone! A huge plus!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, All my materials were received by UVA on 12/5, and I was contacted to schedule an interview about 2 days after. Very grateful for the opportunity.

I applied to JHU, but they haven't received my SAT scores yet.
I also applied to Thomas Jefferson, Bryn Mawr, UVM, GW, Goucher, Temple. All applications were marked as complete around the first week of December, now waiting to hear back! Are you applying to any other schools?

Good luck !

That is awesome! Congrats on your interview with UVA! I submitted my application to UVA on 11/29, and I still haven't heard back from them. So, I don't know how to feel about that.
However, I finished my application with JHU on 12/9, and I heard back from JHU yesterday. They invited me to an interview, and I am very excited! I only applied to UVA and JHU. I wish I would have applied to more, but I didn't want to put too much work on the people writing me LORs.

Let me know how your interview goes!

I have applied to UVA, Goucher, JHU, Florida, and most likely will still apply to Penn. Heard back from UVA & Goucher and have been invited for an interview at both...and am extremely grateful and happy for both. Would be interested in others' interviews and backgrounds as well! Congrats on the interviews!^^^

I'm going to start applying as soon as I graduate this May so I'm looking for schools that have a Fall admission deadline of June 1st and later. So far I've found a bunch and attended NYU information session. Really liked NYU but they're increasing their tuition to $68,000 starting this fall.

Any advice where else to apply?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do any of you have some solid information on the various post baccs you could link to me or PM (as well as volunteering options for one wanting to improve themselves as a candidate and ascertain whether a move to medicine is right for them)?

Good luck with all of your applications!

(sorry for hijacking this at all)

I am a Columbia Post Bac about to graduate. A 3 credit course at Columbia is ~$5500. Harvard Extension Premed program is $1400/course. Here is the link: http://www.extension.harvard.edu/academics/premedical-program.

Columbia takes the same classes as undergrads. Basically, we are incorporated into the premed undergrad community at Columbia. Not sure if it is the same at Harvard but it is still worth considering.

Okay - I appreciate it! It sounds like one of the formal post-bacc programs at Goucher, Bryn Mawr, or Scripps wouldn't actually be that bad of a deal.

That said, Columbia can't actually be $5500 per class, can it? Do you mean ~$1500?

Okay - I appreciate it! It sounds like one of the formal post-bacc programs at Goucher, Bryn Mawr, or Scripps wouldn't actually be that bad of a deal.

That said, Columbia can't actually be $5500 per class, can it? Do you mean ~$1500?
https://gs.columbia.edu/postbac/tuition-and-fees-chart
The rate is per point. To give you an idea... at Columbia Bio is 3 points and Chem courses are 3.5. Bio and Chem labs are 3 points each. Based on HES page, the rate is per course and not points.