post-bac program, average GPA was 3.9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeblossom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the average GPA of students who completed the post-bac program (1 year program) last year was a 3.9 (NOTE: i don't mean the average UG gpa.. i mean the average pre-med gpa, after finishing the program!)
wtf???? that seems ridiculously high . it's also a small program, so there can't be any gross outliers. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know Yale had a post-bac program; at least its not written about much on here

Plus, some of the Ivies are infamous for grade inflation so some of the GPAs from some of them should be taken with a pinch of salt

I didn't know Yale had a post-bac program; at least its not written about much on here

Plus, some of the Ivies are infamous for grade inflation so some of the GPAs from some of them should be taken with a pinch of salt

its not an ivy post-bac program. you think grade inflation is more likely the answer than a class full of gunners/smarts? (i think so too, just clarifying)

I think he's talking about the yale program.

Also Stanford's biochem formal post bac's GPA average was 3.94 last year for 110 students. 32 credits.

that is insanely high. is this normal, or does it just mean everyone in the stanford program is very smart, or what? :(

I think its prob a combo of smart folks and grade inflation - i'd be interested to see which program it is though as I don't know many that provide avg GPAs of people within the program