Post Bac Program Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AB Brown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently (May 2009) graduated from College w/ my BS in Biology w/ a focus in Pre-Medicine. I have most of my Prerequisites, a 3.38 GPA, but a low MCAT (taken 3 times!!!:eek:)

I have filed my AMCAS once before with no success and want to hold off on filing it again unless necessary, especially considering my third MCAT was the same as my second (17O and 17L, in that order).

I plan on taking the Kaplan MCAT prep course starting next Monday (10-11-09) and taking the MCAT in Jan.

Having said that what, if any Post Baccalaureate programs are available for someone like me? I don't care about relocating from So. Cal, would love to be in DC/Baltimore Metro Areas (close to two of my top schools), but not picky. Also, would love any programs that I could apply to directly.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'll put a plug in for the UPenn Special Sciences post-bacc program. You don't need MCAT scores to apply, just a GPA > 3.0. It's a very flexible program that allows you to chose the courses you want to take. It's in Philly, which isn't too far from the DC Metro Area. Many students take a Kaplan review course either in the Spring semester (while taking only 1-2 other courses) or in the summer of their application year. They have start dates for the Spring, Summer, and Fall semester, so if you get on applying you could probably start in the Spring or the Summer (your choice).

I know there are also post-baccs specifically aimed at those who have unsuccessfully applied to med school before (I recall one being in Cali). I don't really know much about them, but I'm sure if you googled it, something would pop up.

Thanks PinkIvy08 I have looked into that program and it seems rather interesting... btw, does PinkIvy08 stand for what I think it does?