Post Bac Programs require the MCAT?

Started by DOCbaby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOCbaby

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around SDN for quite a while and decided to ask for help.
I was a financial analyst, and decided that this was not for me and embarked on the premed track for a year now. I have been working in a DO's office since 1999 to put me through the MBA.
To make a long story short, I started post bac prog at Hofstra in NY, and have a current GPA , science only of 3.2 it will get to 3.5 after this semester is over. I would love to attend PCOM -GA as a med school, most because of their PBL, and I am seriously considering moving down there and continuing my post bac with them. The problems is that on their site, as adimssion requirements they need a MCAT score. Well, I do not have one, I am just doing pre-reqs now.
Question was did anyone get in the post bac with them without the MCAT? They look like they take only stundets that have been on this track for a while and want to imrpove GPA, not students that are looking to do prereqs now? Any ideea if succesfully finishing a program with them will enhance my chances to be admitted?

Really appreciate all your help,

Thank you
Docbaby