Post Bac question

Started by BSBD1012
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BSBD1012

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I graduated from Tulane University with a very low undergraduate GPA (2.89) with a BA in communications and a minor in business. After being out of school for a couple years I realized that medical school would be a challenging and rewarding goal to set for myself. I did not take any pre-med requisites in college and am interested in going back to school for them. I looked into numerous post-bac programs but all of the ones I researched require at least a 3.0 undergrad gpa. Would it be better for me to go back to take pre-med courses seperatly then apply to a masters program of some sort. Or are there any post-bacc programs for non-science graduates that don't require at least a 3.0 gpa?

Thank you