Celtics34

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I graduated from Union College which is a good liberal arts school in Albany last June with a B.S. in Biology and a 2.8 gpa (3.4 my senior year with harder courses). I want to go to Dental school and figured I should probably go to a Post Bacc school to up my grades and help prepare me for the DAT.
I want to stay around home in Boston and get through as quickly as I can. I only need O chem and physics 2 to complete Pre-med stuff. What are some good schools in major East Coast cities that will help me on my way and maybe have good connections to dental schools? What are some key components I should be looking for? Thanks to whoever wants to be helpful and give me a few pointers. I appreciate it.

bleech

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You don't necessarily need a traditional post-bac program. I applied as a non-degree seeking student at Univ. of Chicago to fill in my application. It gave me a chance to take the courses I wanted/needed and get some research experience as well. Oh, and total cost for 1yr tuition was under 10K (compare to traditional post-bacc program at Loyola 35K). Just make sure you end up at a school with higher academic standards. My two cents.

Here is a link from the AAMC of all the current postbac programs though if you do go that route.

http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

Last edited:

DocVT

10+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I graduated from Union College which is a good liberal arts school in Albany last June with a B.S. in Biology and a 2.8 gpa (3.4 my senior year with harder courses). I want to go to Dental school and figured I should probably go to a Post Bacc school to up my grades and help prepare me for the DAT.
I want to stay around home in Boston and get through as quickly as I can. I only need O chem and physics 2 to complete Pre-med stuff. What are some good schools in major East Coast cities that will help me on my way and maybe have good connections to dental schools? What are some key components I should be looking for? Thanks to whoever wants to be helpful and give me a few pointers. I appreciate it.

Boston University has an MA in Medical Sciences program that I think takes 1 to 2 years to complete.

http://gmsfile.bumc.bu.edu/current/Catalog/medsci/intro.htm

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.