post bac

Started by Lisochka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lisochka

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading some SDN threads and have some questions.... Before I probably should explain my situation.
I am a non-trad, graduated 10 years ago not from the US institution (So, I am an ESL-er)
Now, am re-taking all the pre-requisites in the US, and my GPA is 3.4 I know, I need it higher...I don't think I will improve my GPA while I am taking Orgo,Physics, A and P, So, I was reading these posts:

"When I went for pre-app counseling, one admissions office suggested that I consider taking a year of post-bac classes at the UG level in order to establish an UG GPA and prove that I could still handle the work. "

"Many non-trads do not have the coursework from UG and those that do, many of the courses were completed > 5 years ago. Time to repeat it (or take it for the first time) and do a post-bac. A post-bac lets you show the ADCOM that you can excel at the coursework."

What is the post bac? Let's say, I finish my prerequisites and my GPA still will be around 3.4 Should I take easy classes to improve it? And it would be considered as a post bac?
 
Post-bacc = post baccalaureate

When we say "post-bacc" we're referring to undergraduate courses you take after receiving your bachelor's degree. Some post-baccs are formal programs, some are ala carte.

You are already doing an "informal" post-bacc if you have a bachelor's degree and are retaking the pre-reqs.