Post-bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nothing here

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I need help. Are there any post-bac programs for students who have only taken a few science courses aka "career-changers"? I haven't taken the DAT yet. I'm a Florida resident, so I would like to stay in my state or close by. I would really appreciate your help if you can share your experiences.

Thanks!
 
I'm not familiar with Florida post-bac programs, however I can say that UT-Dallas in Texas seems to be a good program for career changers. I know it's nowhere close to where you'd rather be, but definitely keep your options open. Dallas is a great city 👍

Best of luck to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to the AAMC there are 2 programs in FL geared towards career changers, at UMiami and Barry. You can search through postbac programs at: http://services.aamc.org/postbac/ and sort by many different criteria.

Thanks! I checked out the website a while ago. However, I haven't taken the DAT yet, so I don't qualify for those two programs. I'm just overwhelmed by the abundant of information. I'm debating whether I should just take classes at a CC rather than apply to a structured post-bac.

Any suggestions, guys?
 
Last edited: