Post-Bacc and MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xcited392

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a first-year Post-Bacc student. By the end of this semester, I will have completed my physics requirements. I'm currently re-taking O-Chem since I did poorly in it two years ago, but now I am doing a lot better and have a much better understanding of it all.

I would like to take the MCAT this Fall, however it has been about 4-5 years since I last took Bio and I don't know if I remember much; also, it has been 3 years since I took Gen Chem.

So, would taking the MCAT in August/September be doable for me? I'm planning to start studying in May, so that would give me around 3-4 months in advance. Or should I push it back a few more months, since I'm planning to take upper-level science classes (physiology, biochem, and/or cell) in the Fall, which would refresh/reinforce biology principles for the MCAT?

I'm also wanting to take microbiology over the summer, should I not take it and just devote my time to the MCAT, if you all do think I can take the MCAT? The microbio class that I might take isn't that bad from what I've heard, plus it could reinforce basic bio principles.

Any advice?

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.