post-bacc courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFeelgoodMD

below is a TRUE avatar...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what courses are taken in a postbacc premed program. I am guessing the general science requirements in Bio, Chem, and Physics...if I'm wrong let me know!!

Thanks,

J

Members don't see this ad.

UVMTrifecta said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what courses are taken in a postbacc premed program. I am guessing the general science requirements in Bio, Chem, and Physics...if I'm wrong let me know!!

Thanks,

J

There are a couple of variations, depending on what you need the postbac for. Usually you use the postbac to take the prereqs. But there are postbac type programs which let you take upper level sciences if you have already had the prereqs but not recently, or need to show a current ability to succeed in sciences. There is a postbac board where people can give more details.

You should get yourself a premed advisor ASAP. Beyond which classes to take, they'll walk you through all the different things you need to be doing and when to do them...