• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

DrFeelgoodMD

below is a TRUE avatar...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
USA
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what courses are taken in a postbacc premed program. I am guessing the general science requirements in Bio, Chem, and Physics...if I'm wrong let me know!!

Thanks,

J

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
UVMTrifecta said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what courses are taken in a postbacc premed program. I am guessing the general science requirements in Bio, Chem, and Physics...if I'm wrong let me know!!

Thanks,

J
There are a couple of variations, depending on what you need the postbac for. Usually you use the postbac to take the prereqs. But there are postbac type programs which let you take upper level sciences if you have already had the prereqs but not recently, or need to show a current ability to succeed in sciences. There is a postbac board where people can give more details.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
You should get yourself a premed advisor ASAP. Beyond which classes to take, they'll walk you through all the different things you need to be doing and when to do them...

About the Ads