post-bacc for Canadians

Started by t510
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

t510

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I was wondering if anyone is aware of any post-back programs that Canadians could apply to?
 
None (but i assume there are some) I know of exclude Canadians directly - the issue is the step beyond that in which US medical and dental schools aren't receptive to Canadian applicants. My school explicitly only admits U.S. citizens - and almost all schools are the same. Or if they do allow it, take like 1 a year. Not good odds.
 
None (but i assume there are some) I know of exclude Canadians directly - the issue is the step beyond that in which US medical and dental schools aren't receptive to Canadian applicants. My school explicitly only admits U.S. citizens - and almost all schools are the same. Or if they do allow it, take like 1 a year. Not good odds.
Agreed. US med schools want to train physicians that have ties to the US and plan on staying here; obviously citizens match this criteria. I don't know much about this subject, but if your serious you might want to get in touch with some schools. Also, you might want to seriously consider establishing residency here (yes, this will take quite a while.)
Cheers