Post bacc for linkage?

Started by buckoh24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

buckoh24

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have applied to medical school this past cycle which ended up with 2 wait lists and no acceptances. I worked on my ECs which I think were the weakest point. I saw that some schools have linkage agreements with the post bacc programs and was wondering if this would be a benefit to people with decent stats? I have a 3.61 cGPA/3.45 sGPA and a 511 MCAT (retook a 505). I am in my first gap year and have been working full time doing research which was one of my major downfalls along with not enough shadowing and clinical volunteering. I am trying to decide what to do this upcoming cycle if I do not get into the 2 WL schools and one of the options was to move home which is near Case Western. I was thinking of possibly applying to a program at their school. I just discovered these link programs and dont know if anybody here has any advice about them. I know SMP is generally seen as a way to boost ones GPA and while mine could benefit from a boost, I am unsure if the programs would be worth it. I saw that someone mentioned that if you are using it for linkage reasons and have a decent GPA to begin with, you apply to the post bacc and medical school at the same time (so I would apply to both right now).