Post-bacc: Goucher College in MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

life_is_goood

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know anything about Goucher college post-bacc?
How competitive it is?
Anybody in ther right now?

It seems like only Ivy-league graduated ppl enrolled into the program.
I have 3.0 overall GPA from a state university and studied business there.
Do I have a chance?? 😕
 
life_is_goood said:
Does anybody know anything about Goucher college post-bacc?
How competitive it is?
Anybody in ther right now?

It seems like only Ivy-league graduated ppl enrolled into the program.
I have 3.0 overall GPA from a state university and studied business there.
Do I have a chance?? 😕


I just finished Goucher's post-bacc a month ago. It is very competitive. I would say that the vast majority of people enrolled most likely had over a 3.5 GPA before entering. There are certainly a lot of students who have ivy-league backgrounds, but there are definitely some who went to state schools.

A 3.0 might not completely rule you out, but unless you are thoroughly impressive in all other aspects, you might have a tough time in the admissions process. I think the best thing for you to do is just give them a call and discuss your situation. The advisors can speak more to your chances than I. 🙂

Amy