Post bacc help and advice please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

Koukla18

Hello,
I have just graduated undergrad with a BA in psych. I have been changing my major back and forth between psychology and pre-vet for a while- but in the end chose psych. Aside from vascilating between the two majors, personal issues got in the way leaving my track record up until about 2 years ago pretty rocky. I managed to finish with a 2.94 overall gpa, and a 3.66 in my major. Now I am looking at post bacc programs, but I don't know my chances of being accepted??

Even though I have a ton of equine and small animal experience, how do schools view your overall grades with the consideration of personal problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I have just graduated undergrad with a BA in psych. I have been changing my major back and forth between psychology and pre-vet for a while- but in the end chose psych. Aside from vascilating between the two majors, personal issues got in the way leaving my track record up until about 2 years ago pretty rocky. I managed to finish with a 2.94 overall gpa, and a 3.66 in my major. Now I am looking at post bacc programs, but I don't know my chances of being accepted??

Even though I have a ton of equine and small animal experience, how do schools view your overall grades with the consideration of personal problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can definitely get into a post bacc with those grades. The whole idea of post bacc work is to right the ship academically to show schools that you can handle the work required to become a doctor. Some programs have cutoffs but a 2.94 should get you into quite a few. If they have a formal application with essay, etc then definitely use that forum to discuss why you underperformed in undergrad and what specifically has changed, as long as it is appropriate of course. Good luck.