Post Bacc Interview or Direct Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnonymousADCOM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have been admitted to a master's or any other post bacc program, were you actually interviewed first before they accepted you? Please include where you are attending, and if you're working towards a formal/informal degree/non-degree. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my Master's degree from VCU in Biology (conc in neuroimmunology). They didn't require an interview but they did encourage me to come in and check out their school and to become acquainted with the dept. chair. Once accepted though, you did have to "apply" to get a research spot. That can actually be tougher if you are selective in the area you want to work on like I was.

For me... I got accepted last november at MSU as a post-bachelor chemistry degree (kind of like a 2nd bachelors of science).

I could have gone into the master's program for chemistry, however, My ultimate goal is not chemistry, its to finish my pre-dent requirements (biologies and chems).

MSU would only accept me if I had a "major" in mind and at that point, "pre-dental" is not a major so I picked chemistry