Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Post Bacc Online Info Session Help

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by irishRN2doc, 01.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. irishRN2doc

irishRN2doc 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The post bacc I am applying to for either the summer or fall is having an online info session Jan 16.

For those of you who are currently enrolled or have completed one, what questions do you think I should ask? What do you wish you would have known going into your program?

I will definitely ask if they provide MCAT prep and if they give a committee LOR when applying to med school.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. MedPhys2MD

MedPhys2MD 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Don't know what info is already available to you on their website, but what percentage of graduates eventually get into medical school would top my list

4. irishRN2doc

irishRN2doc 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    They do list the percentage of applicants that get in and average MCAT vs. the national average. I have scoured this site and the internet looking for info from someone who has successfully completed the program and no luck! All I have heard is it is rigorous and people were upset that they weren't getting straight A's.

5. SN12357

SN12357 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ask the attrition rate--is that percentage who got in calculated with the number of people who started the program or is it the percentage who successfully completed the program who got in? Those tend to be very different numbers.

Ask what resources are available if you are struggling in classes. It's also work asking if classes are graded on a strict curve (only a certain % of the class can get an A) or if they use straight cut offs.

Also you will want to know not just if they give a committee letter, but what the requirements for it are, if there is a minimum GPA/MCAT, etc.

About the ads