Quantcast

Post bacc or masters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nml3g

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
ey I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something regarding my academic record and prospective GPA. I am looking to apply to med school and plan on taking the MCAT this coming winter to apply in June of 2021. I do not have an amazing GPA as it is but I plan on graduating with a 3.5+ overall GPA. Hopefully a stellar MCAT score will help to get me in to med school but I became aware that my AMCAS calculated GPA will be lower than my University GPA. I was wondering if I should A) Enroll in a masters program that starts in January to show I can handle upper division coursework for the first application cycle, and if that fails- the next application cycle I could potentially be done with a masters and be able to add that to my application to make me more competitive. OR B) Enroll in some post-bacc courses to boost my undergrad GPA. My only concern with this is how many credits I have and whether or not I could effectively boost my GPA enough with this method.
Sorry It is a lot, but if you have time I would love to know your thoughts.