May 31, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
ey I was wondering if I could get your opinion on something regarding my academic record and prospective GPA. I am looking to apply to med school and plan on taking the MCAT this coming winter to apply in June of 2021. I do not have an amazing GPA as it is but I plan on graduating with a 3.5+ overall GPA. Hopefully a stellar MCAT score will help to get me in to med school but I became aware that my AMCAS calculated GPA will be lower than my University GPA. I was wondering if I should A) Enroll in a masters program that starts in January to show I can handle upper division coursework for the first application cycle, and if that fails- the next application cycle I could potentially be done with a masters and be able to add that to my application to make me more competitive. OR B) Enroll in some post-bacc courses to boost my undergrad GPA. My only concern with this is how many credits I have and whether or not I could effectively boost my GPA enough with this method.
Sorry It is a lot, but if you have time I would love to know your thoughts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads