Post bacc or SMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asakkings

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i am a third year pre med student with GPA of 3.2 and MCAT have not been taken yet i am wondering whether i should apply to a post-bacc as the one at SFSU i am a california resident or should i apply and try to get into an SMC. I will be doing this next year after i take my MCATs but i am just curious for now because my GPA is low so i need to do something else before i can apply for med schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi i am a third year pre med student with GPA of 3.2 and MCAT have not been taken yet i am wondering whether i should apply to a post-bacc as the one at SFSU i am a california resident or should i apply and try to get into an SMC. I will be doing this next year after i take my MCATs but i am just curious for now because my GPA is low so i need to do something else before i can apply for med schools.

Well, if you're currently a third year pre-med student, you still have three (or four) semesters to raise your grades, you might want to see where you stand at graduation before you make a lot of decisions to what you're going to do next?