Post Bacc Personal statement

Started by Bestofme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bestofme

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I need guidance regarding Personal Statement.
Heres my scenario :
My goal is medicine but I have low GPA so applying to Masters program. Health issues destroyed my GPA but is also the major reason I became motivated towards medicine. Is anyone willing to read and critique on my rough draft? I want honest advice about the content and also my writing skills that aren't great. The essay needs to be limited to 500 words only. I want specific advice on what to edit and cut out since I have one and half page long essay.
I really appreciate your help in this matter.
 
I can probably help you edit your essay. I can't guarantee that it's going to get you in anywhere, but I will say that I can help you hone you down to what you should be conveying in the essay and at least try to help you get your point across. It took me a long time to get the ball rolling with my personal statements-- but I eventually narrowed it down to something. 🙂 Good luck!
 
Hey, Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I am still editing but I will soon send the draft to you. Also, Im new to SDN forum so where do I upload the draft? I do not want to upload file here since it will be visible to all. Please let me know. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'd be happy to take a look at it as well if you want to PM me.
I was hoping I could get some feedback on my first draft as well. If anyone is willing to look at it I would really appreciate it!