Post-bacc Pre-Med Financing

Started by doclady
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doclady

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello....
I was just accepted to a formal Post-Bacc Premed Program at Monmouth University in NJ. I will be classified as a non-matriculating student. Unfortunately, the school does not award financial aid to non-matricualting students.
Does anyone have any information on federal loans and/or scholarships (or other aid)?
Thanks
 
Hello....
I was just accepted to a formal Post-Bacc Premed Program at Monmouth University in NJ. I will be classified as a non-matriculating student. Unfortunately, the school does not award financial aid to non-matricualting students.
Does anyone have any information on federal loans and/or scholarships (or other aid)?
Thanks

Doesn't sound terribly formal (or structured) if they're not letting you be an admitted/matriculated student. Do you get any registration priority?

Federal loans start with FAFSA (google it). Your school will be required to participate in this - talk to the financial aid office now to see if they'll do this. If they won't support you, then you'll need to do private loans. Not fun (expensive interest, might need a cosigner, still need to certify w/the school).

This is a bogus setup - linkage with Guadalajara?!?! Um, I think you should walk away from this... Take your postbac at whatever public university is closest to you.
 
Doesn't sound terribly formal (or structured) if they're not letting you be an admitted/matriculated student. Do you get any registration priority?

Federal loans start with FAFSA (google it). Your school will be required to participate in this - talk to the financial aid office now to see if they'll do this. If they won't support you, then you'll need to do private loans. Not fun (expensive interest, might need a cosigner, still need to certify w/the school).

This is a bogus setup - linkage with Guadalajara?!?! Um, I think you should walk away from this... Take your postbac at whatever public university is closest to you.

Agreed. You should be entitled to some federal loans at a postbac program. Find somewhere else to go. Also try to get some registration priority as mentioned. Good luck.