Post Bacc Program before Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudentS

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to get some of your insight here.
If I were to graduate from a university with a bachelors in neuroscience with about 3.4 gpa and get into a post back program to improve my science gpa, do you think with the right MCAT scores and high post back gpa i'd be able to apply to an ivy league med school?
I know that name brand isn't key to medical education but I'm interested in how the system works and if there is a chance for me to get into Harvard med or any ivy league med school even after a post bacc….

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I wanted to get some of your insight here.
If I were to graduate from a university with a bachelors in neuroscience with about 3.4 gpa and get into a post back program to improve my science gpa, do you think with the right MCAT scores and high post back gpa i'd be able to apply to an ivy league med school?
I know that name brand isn't key to medical education but I'm interested in how the system works and if there is a chance for me to get into Harvard med or any ivy league med school even after a post bacc….

Thank you!
In my experience with SDNers who have successfully reinvented themselves, NYU, Columbia, Dartmouth are among the few Really Top schools that reward reinvention.

My notion is that The Ivies have their fill of people who didn't need reinvention.

Beggars can't be choosy. You will need to have Drexel/Albany class schools on your eventual list, as well as DO schools.

Always a chance, but odds are slim. You would need stellar ECs and a great story . If you went straight into a post bac right after graduating, then odds are even lower.

Reactions: 1 user