post bacc programs in california

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdmsamurai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im currently a senior at a california university and wont graduate until this fall. i will probably end up with a 3.2-3.3 GPA (which i dont think is good enough) and will be taking the DAT this may-june (currently enrolled in kaplan course)....i have already look into other options as in a post-bacc program and UCSF has a very nice one? are most post bacc programs 1 year?

this is my scenario
graduating end of fall (so december '07)
taking DAT's May-June '07
applying to Dental School June '07

if i dont get end i have like a few months off...i was thinking about re-taking some sci/chem courses at the local cal state to improve my GPA....then when the next round of applications come apply to both post-bacc and dental school? with that in mind does anybody know any other good post bacc programs that take only 1 year and is in california besides UCSF?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

ummmmm....:cool:
A little confused.
Why are you not so confident enough?
I think if you try ur best until the application cycle, get some more volunteer hours/shadow or whatever, apply EARLY, ace the DAT, and apply to a lot of schools, u should be fine. right??
If I could remember correctly, like a 3.3 is an average gpa for entering dental school students (correct me if I'm wrong).

But yeah, I think I didn't answer ur main q's. sorry,