Post-Bacc Programs Starting in Spring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmourVie

Lost and Confused
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the impression that there aren't a lot of programs that start in the spring semester. I don't know if that's just my lack of observational skills when I'm looking up information on the different schools or if there's not that many. Since I'm graduating at the end of a fall semester (or so it looks), I would really love to dive right into a post-bacc program.

Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting the impression that there aren't a lot of programs that start in the spring semester. I don't know if that's just my lack of observational skills when I'm looking up information on the different schools or if there's not that many. Since I'm graduating at the end of a fall semester (or so it looks), I would really love to dive right into a post-bacc program.

Any info would be appreciated.

Columbia allows for a spring start should you wish to complete the program. The program will still take you 18 months though. I would still recommend doing a one year program that starts in the summer over Columbia though.

I'm pretty sure UVM allows you to start in the spring. The problem is that the first halves of two-semester courses (Chem, Bio, Orgo, Physics) are not always offered second semester. However, I know you can take Bio II before Bio I, for example, so depending on what classes you need, you could potentially make it work for you. If you're interested, I would check out the program website - http://learn.uvm.edu/premed/index.php - and contact Polly Allen with your questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help!

Columbia allows for a spring start should you wish to complete the program. The program will still take you 18 months though. I would still recommend doing a one year program that starts in the summer over Columbia though.

Yea, as I'm checking out starting in spring, I'm thinking I might stay in my undergrad program until May 2013 and start a post bacc program in the summer. I could probably benefit from not having to take 18 credits a semester, and maybe this will give me time to apply to my school's honors program and be able to actually complete the classes. I think I need to overcompensate for my SAT/ACT scores.

NYU does as well. I believe SFSU does to if you finished pre cal/cal,general chem,ochem 1.

Bumped this thread, to see if anyone knows about any other universities that have a Spring start.

Just had a change of heart recently to medicine about a month back and it seems a bit to late for most of these programs.

You can always do one on your own. Just let your college know you want to enroll as a postbac