Post-bacc vs. Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tooth4tooth

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated at a 4 year university with around a 3.0 and my science gpa is around a 2.8, but it might be lower bc I have retaken a few classes. I do have a little upward trend but it is not dramatic. I have most of my pre-reqs down, except for anatomy/physiology. I would like to do a post-bacc before applying to dental school but it is so expensive and I don't have the money for it unless I take out loans. I was thinking about taking classes at a CC bc it is more affordable for me but I'm afraid it might be looked down upon since classes there aren't as rigorous as at a 4 year and that I'm using that route to bring my gpa up. As of now I am not sure what to do.

Any input would be helpful.