Post-Baccalaureate Timing

Started by DukeDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DukeDoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pardon me if this is posted elsewhere-- I haven't been able to find it yet.

I am looking at several one year post-bacc programs. I would likely start in the fall and finish with organic chemistry next summer. This would mean that I would take the August MCAT.

My question is: if I take the August MCAT next year, will I be allowed to start with applications in July, or must I wait to have my MCAT scores? If I wait until taking the August 2010 test, would it either: a) be too late to apply for August 2011 admission to me school or b) impact my chances of getting into my top schools? I recall from speaking with pre-med friends in college that waiting to complete med school applications was NOT advisable and limited one's chance to get an interview.

So: in short, do I need to start this summer so that I'll finish next spring and can take the MCAT in May?
 
why don't u do gen chem in the summer and finish in may june-ish for all the other places.
i don't think AMCAS start to process your apps until everything is verified and stuff.