Post-Bach in Florida, Maybe LECOM ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albaniandoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if LECOM has any plans of starting a post-bachelor program in Bradenton. They do have one up in Erie, but not down here. I live in Bradenton and plan to apply to LECOM but need to strengthen my science.
Does anyone know of any other good programs in Tampa Bay area. I am currently looking at USF, but their support sucks big time. I haven't been able to even get in touch with the adviser despite my best efforts through several emails and phone calls.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking at a particular graduate program at USF? Just wondering, because they have a brand new special masters type program at the USF College of Medicine. I really don't know much about it despite my efforts to find out (i.e., I called the med school's director of admissions who referred me to someone else who has not yet responded to my inuiry). All I know is that it apparently exists.

Hey fusion. Thank you for your reply.
I was looking at their Biomedical Sciences program. It's a BS program. I figured I will start it and then apply to med school. My intent was to continue until I finished ( a couple of years) or got accepted into med school, whichever came first.
I really like the LECOM program since it's between 6-9pm every day of the week. This gives me a chance to work for a living.
I have no idea how these people at USF expect students to make a living.
Here is an example of Organic Chemistry schedule:
Exams Monday 5pm-5:50
Class Tuesday and Thursday 6:00-7:15 pm
Discussion Thursday 7:30pm - 8:20 pm

Organic chemistry lab:
Monday 06:00pm-09:50pm
Tuesday 11:00am-11:50am

If the advisor you are talking about is Mrs. Amiri, I have been trying to get in touch with her too. Never heard back. I am suprised how these people keep their jobs. I mean their title is "advisor" then advise.
My current advisor at FSU is the same way.
Peace