-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Post-Deadline Rank Lists 2016-2017
Started by sudaaaamnadex
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1) Loyola
2) Rush
3) Iowa
4) Umass
5) Cook county
6) Cleveland clinic florida
7) UF jacksonville
8) Indiana
9) Albany
Anyone else happen to put Loyola high on their list?
2) Rush
3) Iowa
4) Umass
5) Cook county
6) Cleveland clinic florida
7) UF jacksonville
8) Indiana
9) Albany
Anyone else happen to put Loyola high on their list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Went up to 8:45 deciding. Are we only doing top 9?
1. UofM
2. UPMC
3. WashU
4. NYU
5. NW
6. Wake
7. UAB
8. UVA
9. Dartmouth
Still not sure how I feel, hope I picked right :/...
1. UofM
2. UPMC
3. WashU
4. NYU
5. NW
6. Wake
7. UAB
8. UVA
9. Dartmouth
Still not sure how I feel, hope I picked right :/...
1. UCSF
2. BWH
3. UCLA
4. UCSD
5. MGH
6. Stanford
7. Mt. Sinai
8. Columbia
9. UNC
10. Duke
11. Johns Hopkins
12. NYU
2. BWH
3. UCLA
4. UCSD
5. MGH
6. Stanford
7. Mt. Sinai
8. Columbia
9. UNC
10. Duke
11. Johns Hopkins
12. NYU
1. BWH
2. Mt. Sinai
3. MGH
4. Stanford
5. UPMC
6. Mayo
7. NW
8. UChicago
9. BIDMC
10. Penn
11. CCF
2. Mt. Sinai
3. MGH
4. Stanford
5. UPMC
6. Mayo
7. NW
8. UChicago
9. BIDMC
10. Penn
11. CCF
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
I will be glad to post anyone's list anonymously if you PM it to me.
1. Beaumont
2. Uconn
3. AGH
4. Rush
5. Baystate
6. Toledo
7. Loyola
8. Henry Ford
9. Case Western UH
10. NYMC
I really loved Beaumont and Uconn. I would be ecstatic with 1 or 2, very happy with 3-5, and pleased with anything probs down from there
2. Uconn
3. AGH
4. Rush
5. Baystate
6. Toledo
7. Loyola
8. Henry Ford
9. Case Western UH
10. NYMC
I really loved Beaumont and Uconn. I would be ecstatic with 1 or 2, very happy with 3-5, and pleased with anything probs down from there
1) Loyola
2) Rush
3) Iowa
4) Umass
5) Cook county
6) Cleveland clinic florida
7) UF jacksonville
8) Indiana
9) Albany
Anyone else happen to put Loyola high on their list?
I thought very highly of Loyola. Really liked the PD and the faculty that I met. Residents seemed very happy. Sounded a bit like a workhorse program. Great clinical exposure with lots of transplants and good hearts. In the end I ranked it lower on my list for two reasons: I wasn't thrilled with the location, and some concern about the hit on their reputation as a result of the probation. However, in my mind anyone training there would come out as a very clinically skilled anesthesiologist.
1. Duke
2.Wake Forest
3.UPMC
4. Stanford
5. Virginia Mason
2.Wake Forest
3.UPMC
4. Stanford
5. Virginia Mason
best of luck to everyone.
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1. Maryland
2. NW
3. OHSU
4. UVA
5. Michigan
6. Case
1. OHSU
2. UW
3. Utah
4. Maryland
5. Harbor-UCLA
6. Arizona
7. MCW
8. New Mexico
9. Baystate
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
2. UW
3. Utah
4. Maryland
5. Harbor-UCLA
6. Arizona
7. MCW
8. New Mexico
9. Baystate
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
1. University of Kansas
2. UT Houston
3. Texas A&M
4. Loma Linda
5. Iowa
6. Miami
7. CCF
8. Oklahoma
9. Rush
10. UIC
Interested in pain fellowship
2. UT Houston
3. Texas A&M
4. Loma Linda
5. Iowa
6. Miami
7. CCF
8. Oklahoma
9. Rush
10. UIC
Interested in pain fellowship
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to all of the applicants! Now that the lists are submitted, hopefully everyone can just sit back and relax. Try and catch your breath before the start of intern year so you can make the most of residency. And congratulations on making it to this point, it is no small accomplishment.
Great lists guys, keep em coming
1. Stanford
2. MGH
3. UPMC
4. BWH
5. Mt. Sinai
6. Duke
7. UCSF
8. Vandy
9. UNC
10. BID
11. Baylor
12. UPenn
Only 22 days until the match! Good luck everyone!
2. MGH
3. UPMC
4. BWH
5. Mt. Sinai
6. Duke
7. UCSF
8. Vandy
9. UNC
10. BID
11. Baylor
12. UPenn
Only 22 days until the match! Good luck everyone!
1. UCLA
2. Cornell
3. USC
4. UC Irvine
5. UC Davis
6. UT Houston
7. UTSW
8. Loma Linda
9. Maryland
10. Jackson Memorial
11. NYU
Phew. Good luck everyone!
2. Cornell
3. USC
4. UC Irvine
5. UC Davis
6. UT Houston
7. UTSW
8. Loma Linda
9. Maryland
10. Jackson Memorial
11. NYU
Phew. Good luck everyone!
I thought very highly of Loyola. Really liked the PD and the faculty that I met. Residents seemed very happy. Sounded a bit like a workhorse program. Great clinical exposure with lots of transplants and good hearts. In the end I ranked it lower on my list for two reasons: I wasn't thrilled with the location, and some concern about the hit on their reputation as a result of the probation. However, in my mind anyone training there would come out as a very clinically skilled anesthesiologist.
Yeah I had a similar experience. I personally think the clinical training out of all of the schools on my list was at Loyola, they do a ton of transplants, trauma and cardiac with residents basically in the drivers seat for most of those cases. I am also trying to stay in Chicago because my SO has to stay in Chicago so I have my fingers crossed. I believe the NRMP reported a 1% increase in the number of applicant into anesthesiology this year from last year. However, quite a few new programs opened up as well as some other programs increasing the amount of spots they have available so I am hoping that we will be just as successful is not more successful than last years match!
Last edited:
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1. UT San Antonio
2. Kentucky
3. Penn State
4. UK-Wichita
5. Arizona
6. Maine Medical Center
7. UF-Jacksonville
8. UMKC
9. Texas Tech
10. Riverside, Moreno Valley
I was slightly below average DO applicant
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1) University of Oklahoma
2) Geisinger Medical Center
3) U of Texas Medical Branch
4) UCONN
5) West Penn/AGH
6) Buffalo
7) Baystate
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1) Mt. Sinai
2) Upenn
3) UVA
4) NYU
5) Maryland
6) Baylor
7) Mayo (Rochester)
8) Miami
9) GW
10) CCF
11) VCU
12) Dartmouth
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1. MGH
2. UCSD
3. Colorado
4. Rochester
5. Hopkins
6. Cleveland Clinic
7. BWH
8. BID
No more pointless SDN gamesmanship! Now that it's past the point of no return:
What would be the point of gamemanship to other applicants? I could be the best applicant both on paper and off, but even if I put your #1 as my #1 and tell you about it it should have no effect on how you ranked programs. And I somewhat doubt that programs take the time to cross reference previous posts to decide how you ranked them to have it effect their decision.
The only way I could see it matter is if you look back at someone's posts and see that for example: mnbmen seems like someone I would hate to spend any amount of time with so Im going to make my list opposite of theirs.
Not an attack on your starting this thread, I'm just confused at why people would be afraid to be honest before the deadline but would be honest now.
What would be the point of gamemanship to other applicants? I could be the best applicant both on paper and off, but even if I put your #1 as my #1 and tell you about it it should have no effect on how you ranked programs. And I somewhat doubt that programs take the time to cross reference previous posts to decide how you ranked them to have it effect their decision.
The only way I could see it matter is if you look back at someone's posts and see that for example: mnbmen seems like someone I would hate to spend any amount of time with so Im going to make my list opposite of theirs.
Not an attack on your starting this thread, I'm just confused at why people would be afraid to be honest before the deadline but would be honest now.
Ha! I like your "I do NOT want to be co-residents with this dude" angle, but I think the sad line of thought goes "I love Program X, but I'm not going to let on how much I love it in case of even the slightest, most remooooooote chance that a better candidate than me sees my post and thinks 'Hey, I'm dead even on the fence between Programs X and Y, but look at all these smart and cool people ranking X as their number one. What the heck, why not' and then they snag my spot."
Obviously, no one is basing their entire rank list off of some internet forum or arbitrary-ass ranking system (cough-DOXIMITY-cough), but (and could be completely wrong here) I think people keep their cards close to the vest for the above reason.
anyone else?
Yayyyyy waiting
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1. Penn State
2. Iowa
3. U Cincinnati
4. UMass
5. Maine Medical Center
6. Rush
7. Baystate
8. Mizzou
9. UF Florida
10. St. Joseph's Regional
Dartmouth
Lahey
UVM
UMass
St. E's
UConn
Monte
NYU
Hofstra
Maimo
Drexel
Lahey
UVM
UMass
St. E's
UConn
Monte
NYU
Hofstra
Maimo
Drexel
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooooo, since I have nothing better to do with my life, I have decided to organize this list in terms of popularity. Because last year approximately 75% of overall anesthesiology applicants matched at one of their first 3 spots (higher or some and lower for others), I decided it would be best to take into account everyones top 3 ranks to get an idea of the most competitive programs so far. Hopefully, this list will encourage others who have not posted their list to do so. Thanks!
MOST COMPETITIVE THUS FAR
......................................
OHSU (3)
UCLA (3)
Mt. Sinai (3)
UPMC (3)
MHG (3)
......................................
UW (2)
IOWA (2)
NW (2)
WASH U (2)
BWH (2)
PENN STATE (2)
UVA (2)
...................................
UCSF (1)
LOYOLA (1)
RUSH (1)
U OF MINN (1)
CCF (1)
MONTEFIORE (1)
KENDALL (1)
BEAUMONT (1)
UCONN (1)
ALLEGHENY GENERAL (1)
DUKE (1)
WAKE FOREST (1)
MARYLAND (1)
UTAH (1)
KANSAS (1)
UT HOUSTON (1)
TEXAS AM (1)
STANFORD (1)
CORNELL (1)
USC (1)
UT SAN ANTONIO (1)
U KENTUCKY (1)
OKLAHOMA (1)
GEISINGER (1)
UTMB (1)
UPENN (1)
COLORADO (1)
UCSD (1)
CINCINNATI (1)
LAHEY (1)
DARTMOUTH (1)
MOST COMPETITIVE THUS FAR
......................................
OHSU (3)
UCLA (3)
Mt. Sinai (3)
UPMC (3)
MHG (3)
......................................
UW (2)
IOWA (2)
NW (2)
WASH U (2)
BWH (2)
PENN STATE (2)
UVA (2)
...................................
UCSF (1)
LOYOLA (1)
RUSH (1)
U OF MINN (1)
CCF (1)
MONTEFIORE (1)
KENDALL (1)
BEAUMONT (1)
UCONN (1)
ALLEGHENY GENERAL (1)
DUKE (1)
WAKE FOREST (1)
MARYLAND (1)
UTAH (1)
KANSAS (1)
UT HOUSTON (1)
TEXAS AM (1)
STANFORD (1)
CORNELL (1)
USC (1)
UT SAN ANTONIO (1)
U KENTUCKY (1)
OKLAHOMA (1)
GEISINGER (1)
UTMB (1)
UPENN (1)
COLORADO (1)
UCSD (1)
CINCINNATI (1)
LAHEY (1)
DARTMOUTH (1)
^^If you want to get really crazy, you could use the rank lists on the application spreadsheet and do the same.
.
^^If you want to get really crazy, you could use the rank lists on the application spreadsheet and do the same.
Thats a good idea but it sounds a little too painful. However, I would love to see this so called list, where can I find it?
Look at the "2016-2017 Official Residency Application" thread. There's a google doc that has multiple tabs, one of which is users' rank lists.
Sooooo, since I have nothing better to do with my life, I have decided to organize this list in terms of popularity. Because last year approximately 75% of overall anesthesiology applicants matched at one of their first 3 spots (higher or some and lower for others), I decided it would be best to take into account everyones top 3 ranks to get an idea of the most competitive programs so far. Hopefully, this list will encourage others who have not posted their list to do so. Thanks!
Did you get the anesthesia specific percentage or was it just the overall applicant pool for all specialties from the match outcomes?
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1. Montefiore
2. NYU
3. Penn State
4. Jefferson
5. SLR
6. UConn
7. Dartmouth
8. RWJ
9. Temple
10. NJMS
11. Drexel
12. Maimo
13. Hofstra
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
MGH
Penn
UW
Pitt
Cornell
BID
Columbia
OHSU
NYU
Yale
Oh wow. Is montefiore really that good? I thought I was the only one
No idea but I think it didnt fill last year
2 weeks, one hour, 16 minutes...
Sorry, I actually can't cite those statistics. I do realize that 75% of all applicants attained one of their top 3 positions, however I was not able to find these statistics for Anesthesiology. I do think that taking everyones top 3 programs is probably a better way to get an idea of program competitiveness instead of just using their top choice.
KEEP THE LISTS COMING, THEY ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ALL!!!
MOST COMPETITIVE THUS FAR
......................................
MGH (4)
OHSU (3)
UCLA (3)
Mt. Sinai (3)
UPMC (3)
PENN STATE (3)
UW (3)
......................................
IOWA (2)
NW (2)
WASH U (2)
BWH (2)
UVA (2)
MONTEFIORE (2)
...................................
NYU (1)
UPENN (1)
UCSF (1)
LOYOLA (1)
RUSH (1)
U OF MINN (1)
CCF (1)
KENDALL (1)
BEAUMONT (1)
UCONN (1)
ALLEGHENY GENERAL (1)
DUKE (1)
WAKE FOREST (1)
MARYLAND (1)
UTAH (1)
KANSAS (1)
UT HOUSTON (1)
TEXAS AM (1)
STANFORD (1)
CORNELL (1)
USC (1)
UT SAN ANTONIO (1)
U KENTUCKY (1)
OKLAHOMA (1)
GEISINGER (1)
UTMB (1)
UPENN (1)
COLORADO (1)
UCSD (1)
CINCINNATI (1)
LAHEY (1)
DARTMOUTH (1)
KEEP THE LISTS COMING, THEY ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ALL!!!
MOST COMPETITIVE THUS FAR
......................................
MGH (4)
OHSU (3)
UCLA (3)
Mt. Sinai (3)
UPMC (3)
PENN STATE (3)
UW (3)
......................................
IOWA (2)
NW (2)
WASH U (2)
BWH (2)
UVA (2)
MONTEFIORE (2)
...................................
NYU (1)
UPENN (1)
UCSF (1)
LOYOLA (1)
RUSH (1)
U OF MINN (1)
CCF (1)
KENDALL (1)
BEAUMONT (1)
UCONN (1)
ALLEGHENY GENERAL (1)
DUKE (1)
WAKE FOREST (1)
MARYLAND (1)
UTAH (1)
KANSAS (1)
UT HOUSTON (1)
TEXAS AM (1)
STANFORD (1)
CORNELL (1)
USC (1)
UT SAN ANTONIO (1)
U KENTUCKY (1)
OKLAHOMA (1)
GEISINGER (1)
UTMB (1)
UPENN (1)
COLORADO (1)
UCSD (1)
CINCINNATI (1)
LAHEY (1)
DARTMOUTH (1)
Why not utilize the google document? your list does not reflect it currrently.Sorry, I actually can't cite those statistics. I do realize that 75% of all applicants attained one of their top 3 positions, however I was not able to find these statistics for Anesthesiology. I do think that taking everyones top 3 programs is probably a better way to get an idea of program competitiveness instead of just using their top choice.
KEEP THE LISTS COMING, THEY ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ALL!!!
MOST COMPETITIVE THUS FAR
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why not utilize the google document? your list does not reflect it currrently.
There may be repetitiveness as some people post on both the google doc and here. So just be aware there may be duplicates.
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
1. UAB
2. LSU New Orleans
3. UTSW
4. San Antonio
5. UKy Lexington
6. MUSC
7. Ochsner
8. Emory
9. UT Knoxville
10. Oklahoma
11. Mayo Jacksonville
12. Arkansas
how did you feel about Montefiore? I know you ranked it #1 but curious how that program has changed since I interviewed there years agoCCF
Montefiore
Kendall
Umass
Buffalo
Upstate
SUNY Downstate
Henry Ford
Advocate
UT houston
LSU
St. Elizabeth
Cook County
Iowa
No fancy places in my list. Happy nevertheless
Seemed like a busy place, with lots of different surgeries going on. Didnt seem to be lacking any particular type of cases. Residents seemed friendly and relatabe. PD and chair seemed strong yet approachable. the faculty i interviewed with were very friendly. days are busy, nights too, senior residents seemed well taught/learned during the lecture we were a part of. To top it off, the food was tasty.. mm mmm... inhouse fellowships available, plus decent matches into other programs as well. fingers crossed ..how did you feel about Montefiore? I know you ranked it #1 but curious how that program has changed since I interviewed there years ago
2 weeks, one hour, 16 minutes...
6 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes
Similar threads
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 8K