Post-December Indiana Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elle2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finally got an interview invite from Indiana....their pre December interview slots have been filled so this would be post December. An interview is a good sign but at the bottom of the letter it states "Please be aware that if you are a non-resident applicant, there is a strong likelihood that these interviews will be for alternate positions only. Considering the cost in time and money, this may influence your decision to interview at Indiana University School of Dentistry"

What should I think of this? Thank you for the feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I would look at it as still having a shot!

It seems you might have a shot...but a slim shot, and as an alternate. I wouldn't put all your hopes into getting in there, hopefully you have some other schools with better chances.

But despite all of that I wouldn't turn the interview down if you don't already have a ton of interviews done that went well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the responses. I agree... I will for sure go to the interview- it never hurts to interview.

did you schedule your interview already? I only received an email saying that I will be given an interview after December but wasn't given a specific day. They told me to just wait until they email me again.

I only received the original e-mail back in September stating that I was on the waiting list for a fall interview and if I should not receive one, I would be interviewed in the spring. I did not receive a follow up e-mail like the OP. Anyone else in my situation?

I was told I had a post-Dec interview but received an email 2 days ago saying that there was a cancellation. They then offered me a new date pre-Dec, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

I am pretty sure i heard the dean of indiana say they have not yet interviewed anyone, assuming there is only one school in that state