Jan 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
So I still haven't heard back from any schools I applied to this cycle. I know my stats weren't the highest so I am not entirely surprised but I was wondering what the chances are of getting post December interviews. Also if a school plans on sending out an interview to someone after December, will they have any sort of update on December 3rd or will I just have to be stuck hoping I get something in january or February

Also when might be considered a good time to start looking into/applying to a masters as a backup?

thank you

Aug 18, 2018
So I still haven't heard back from any schools I applied to this cycle. I know my stats weren't the highest so I am not entirely surprised but I was wondering what the chances are of getting post December interviews. Also if a school plans on sending out an interview to someone after December, will they have any sort of update on December 3rd or will I just have to be stuck hoping I get something in january or February

Also when might be considered a good time to start looking into/applying to a masters as a backup?

thank you
I’ve read several post from last year that they didn’t get interviews until after December and are now attending dental school this year after getting a later (than December) acceptance. So don’t give up!

Where have you applied and what are your stats?

Reactions: pinkgloves
Oct 30, 2017

thank you
I am in the same exact boat.. not so amazing stats but for some reason i haven’t heard any rejections nor any interviews... my one friend has 6 rejections from schools i applied to as well and my other friend has 2 interviews... it’s weird that for some reason all of mine are being completely silent too

About the Ads

MacAttack66

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Sep 18, 2018

thank you
How many schools have you applied to? Do you mind listing them and adding what your stats are?

If you've heard nothing, then you've at least not received any rejections (many have). From reading a lot of last year's threads on specific schools, it appears that many applicants fall in the category of average or a bit below average (or even low) stats and schools hold onto those applications (issuing no rejections) because they may want to invite them for interviews after December (if many turn down their acceptance offers who interviewed pre-December).

I'm not sure if my observations are correct, but this in the impression I have from my reading.

So, don't get discouraged. It's not great that you haven't received any interview invites yet, but at least you've also not received any rejections. I'll bet you get interviews soon (or after December). Good luck to you!! :)

macsak

2+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2018
I am in the same exact boat.. not so amazing stats but for some reason i haven’t heard any rejections nor any interviews... my one friend has 6 rejections from schools i applied to as well and my other friend has 2 interviews... it’s weird that for some reason all of mine are being completely silent too
it's not weird
it's good that they are silent
you still have a chance at those 6 schools
your friend doesn't

Aug 18, 2018
If you've heard nothing, then you've at least not received any rejections (many have). From reading a lot of last year's threads on specific schools, it appears that many applicants fall in the category of average or a bit below average (or even low) stats and schools hold onto those applications (issuing no rejections) because they may want to invite them for interviews after December (if many turn down their acceptance offers who interviewed pre-December).

I'm not sure if my observations are correct, but this in the impression I have from my reading.
I think you're right. If someone has not received any rejections, then there are most likely not any red flags that a school has seen and they're keeping those apps on hold (so to speak) for possible later interview invites. I think it's just a matter of being patient (which is the hard part! :arghh:),

I've got some interviews, a couple of rejections and am still waiting to hear from most of my schools.

Jan 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
How many schools have you applied to? Do you mind listing them and adding what your stats are?

So, don't get discouraged. It's not great that you haven't received any interview invites yet, but at least you've also not received any rejections. I'll bet you get interviews soon (or after December). Good luck to you!! :)

So my GPA is a 3.2 and DAT is 18 AA.

The schools I applied to are
Touro
Tufts
VCU
Roseman
Rutgers
NYU
UNE
Meharry
Howard
Temple

Also thank you to everyone for the encouraging words!! Its really appreciated

Oct 30, 2017

Touro
Tufts
VCU
Roseman
Rutgers
NYU
UNE
Meharry
Howard
Temple

Yo my stats are the exact same and i haven’t heard a single thing yet either

Oct 30, 2017

Touro
Tufts
VCU
Roseman
Rutgers
NYU
UNE
Meharry
Howard
Temple

Tbh since i know my stats are below average I’ve been like expecting rejections and I’m just getting ghosted ?

DSchoolorBust202X

Dental College of Georgia (Class of 2023)
2+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2018
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
Tbh since i know my stats are below average I’ve been like expecting rejections and I’m just getting ghosted ?
You’re not being ghosted. Schools are still considering you, even if you haven’t heard anything. You can potentially still get interviews post-December. It’s not over ‘til it’s over.

Continue to hold onto hope, and pick up a hobby that takes your mind off of interviews.

dent_wannabe

2+ Year Member
May 22, 2018
Status
Dental Student
I have competitive stats (at least according to friends currently in dental school, they are 3.6 oGPA, 23 AA), but only got interview invites from two schools. Every other school has just been dead silent, and it seems that they have already filled up their pre December interviews. I know that I got one of my interviews only because I had an advisor who had a good connection with the admissions director, and they kind of helped me push through. This silence is showing me what my result would be had I been on my own.

One of the interviews I got was from my state school, and I am unlikely to attend elsewhere if I get accepted because of cost. Therefore, even the other schools are willing to give me post December interviews, if I get an acceptance to my state school, it will be a debate about whether I should even attend the interviews or not. It would be kind of nice to check out some other schools, but if I likely won't end up there, I could also save myself some money and vacation days.

Jul 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone still heard absolutely nothing from schools?
My application went through in the middle of August because I took my DAT Aug 10.
oGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3
DAT 23AA: 22science, 22 PAT, 30 Reading, 22 QR

Reactions: NewDent02
About the Ads
Aug 13, 2018
Has anyone still heard absolutely nothing from schools?
My application went through in the middle of August because I took my DAT Aug 10.
oGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.3
DAT 23AA: 22science, 22 PAT, 30 Reading, 22 QR
Have you really heard nothing so far? I submitted my application mid-August and heard back before Dec 3 (although results have been sub-par). I have the same GPA and similar DAT.

I’m unsure which schools have yet to send interview invites though. Feeling pretty hopeless atm.

Jul 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yeah, I haven't heard anything at all other than emails saying my application is complete and under review. My top choice is Penn and they emailed me to submit unofficial transcript from this fall semester and sent an email thanking me for submitting it. I'm pretty scared.
Other schools are all east coast so all the schools in Boston, NY, NJ, and PA.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I haven't heard anything at all other than emails saying my application is complete and under review. My top choice is Penn and they emailed me to submit unofficial transcript from this fall semester and sent an email thanking me for submitting it. I'm pretty scared.
Other schools are all east coast so all the schools in Boston, NY, NJ, and PA.
I’ve been in the exacttttt same position.. still no rejection from like 12 schools but also no interviews.. just continued reviews..

Iroh

2+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
Status
Dental Student
If you’re hearing silence or continuing review, it’s most likely something other than your academics - assuming those are top tier.

Unfortunately it’s difficult to figure out what may be lacking since you can never know how strong a letter of rec was or even just how good your PS really is.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

dmvdentist

2+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Have you guys emailed schools you haven't heard from? I'm not really sure if thats what you're supposed to do or not to email them because they'll get to you when they do and you should just leave it at that?

About the Ads