post ent fellowship for img? crazy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhattacharyya.d

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone
now crazy as it may seem , I am just gonna dive right in and ask you ll my doubts and invite all ridiculing that may (will ) follow! :)
I am a resident in one of the top ENT programs in India , due to finish in 2015. I am interested in ( suspense...) getting to the US for further training.
Now , i know that matching into an ENT residency in US is near impossible without US clinical experience. However , I was wondering if post residency sub speciality fellowships in USA are also equally impossible, seeing as most ENT docs dont opt for it as the prospects after the residency is really bright. I know ACGME accredited fellowships are a no go , but there appear to be various non ACGME accredited , and unfunded programs out there. Also there may be research fellowship options too available . Now , my questions to all the guys out here is...
a. is it a feasible option to get into a non acgme fellowship?
b. if not , is it possible to get into a research fellowship (keep in mind I am an IMG )
c. would the fellowship count as USCE for me if I then , apply for a residency?
any help at all would be greatly appreciated , seeing as information from the net can quickly get confusing , and if someday .... you re looking to come to India :)P) I d be glad to provide you with any info I might have.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I believe there are various opportunities out there. I've met international fellows doing head and neck, skull base, and rhinology. I don't know about the funding situation, but they do get pay (not very much). I've even heard of facial plastic fellowships when essentially you'd have to provide your own funding. I'd start by simply contacting fellowship directors.

hey entdoc ,
thanks a lot for taking the time out and replying. Do I contact the PD s by email? If there is any international fellow in your institute from India , can you please ask him how he had gone about the process????
and for all these non ACGME fellowships , would it count as USCE for me if I then try to apply for residencyy?

hey entdoc ,
thanks a lot for taking the time out and replying. Do I contact the PD s by email? If there is any international fellow in your institute from India , can you please ask him how he had gone about the process????
and for all these non ACGME fellowships , would it count as USCE for me if I then try to apply for residencyy?
did u succeed in what you looking for?