Post-Grad Intern position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oversea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I went to a second interview with Safeway a month ago. During the interview, they told me that they will let me know the result in late January, or early February. I recently received an email from their HR agent asked me to fill out a post-graduation intern application. I asked most of my classmates who went to the interview on the same day with me and non of them received any email. I'm curious to know if this is a good sign that the company consider to offer me a job. I wonder if anyone here interviewed with Safeway and heard back from them?? This waiting period is so painful. :(
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Are they offering you a grad intern position because you're not yet licensed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an automatically generated email to fill out the application? If an actual person sent it to you, no harm in asking.

I'd say it sounds like a good sign. You'll have to be a graduate intern until you get licensed, so it makes sense you may have to "apply" to be the graduate intern before they can promote you to pharmacist when you are licensed.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get an automatically generated email to fill out the application? If an actual person sent it to you, no harm in asking.
I got it from an HR person. It’s not an automatically generated email. However, I haven’t heard back from that person for 2 weeks after filling out the application.

I got it from an HR person. It’s not an automatically generated email. However, I haven’t heard back from that person for 2 weeks after filling out the application.

Ask them what the status of the application is. I know someone from my graduating class who applied to Jewel (same parent company). They got that same email. Emailed the HR person back asking for the status of the application and they did get a response.

Ask them what the status of the application is. I know someone from my graduating class who applied to Jewel (same parent company). They got that same email. Emailed the HR person back asking for the status of the application and they did get a response.

Great. thank you so much. I will email her.

So, I emailed the HR person a week ago. Still haven't heard back from her.