Post interview contact from programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgnysp0333

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Congrats on being done interviewing, and good luck from here on! I was wondering if anyone was contacted by programs after interviews (the whole we liked having you/want to rank you/etc...). I heard a rumor that contact from PDs/programs is even more restricted than it had been before, but was wondering if anyone heard anything/if it was something we could expect at this point.

Here's hoping the next few weeks go by fast

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Congrats on being done interviewing, and good luck from here on! I was wondering if anyone was contacted by programs after interviews (the whole we liked having you/want to rank you/etc...). I heard a rumor that contact from PDs/programs is even more restricted than it had been before, but was wondering if anyone heard anything/if it was something we could expect at this point.

Here's hoping the next few weeks go by fast

For pathology, I feel that contact has been pretty limited compared to other specialties. My best friends in my class are going into anesthesiology and they have been hearing from virtually all of the programs at which they interviewed. Of the 10 programs at which I interviewed, I have been contacted by 4 pathology program directors (post-interview). These emails/letters have varied from very vague to "you are ranked to match as one of our X spots". Best of luck in the match, I'm hoping you get your #1 ^_^!!!

Do a search on this. People ask every year. It means nothing, either way. Rank based on what you want. Period.

I agree, rank based on what you want. But id DOES mean something- that you are ranked to match at place X. So if you rank them first, you get a spot there. They are trying to let you know, so that certainty may convince you to move them up your list.